X-REV ZeroFriction Formula
- Metal Treatment Anti-Friction Formula which utilizes nano-technology to create a hyper-bond at molecular level, forming a protective coating on all of the metal surfaces in the piston chamber of your engine, so that there is no direct metal-to-metal contact. This eliminates friction between moving parts, thereby enabling your engine to deliver maximum power and torque, enhancing free-revving smoothness and at the same time improving fuel consumption.
- Superior Additives that clean and protect the engine in harsh heat and high humidity conditions for city and expressway driving, preserving the engine’s factory condition.
- Premium Performance Fully Synthetic Base Oil which maintains its multi-grade viscosity even under extreme conditions.
X-REV ZeroFriction Formula is designed for street performance, and provides the ultimate protection for daily driving conditions especially in tropical conditions. X-REV ZeroFriction Formula maximizes the performance of your engine.
The use of X-REV ZeroFriction Formula will not void your car manufacturer’s warranty.
Anti-Friction Metal Treatment Formula
When X-REV is first introduced into an engine and the engine is started up, heat in the engine will cause the Anti-Friction Metal Treatment Formula to bond to the metal surfaces and it willcontinue to bond onto the metal surfaces even when the engine is not running. Hence, it provides the ultimate protection on cold starts even without any engine oil circulating through the engine at the initial start-up.
Unlike other brands of lubricants which claim to include friction modifiers, Xrev’s proprietary Metal Treatment Formula is of such quality and quantity that its friction eliminating effects far surpasses all others.
Important Note: X-REV’s Anti-Friction Metal Treament Formula is a proprietary fully liquid additive. It does not contain any teflon (TFT), molybdenum disulphide, copper, zinc or silver particles. These particles are good lubricants but they are not suitable for use in an automotive engine which uses oil lubricants. It has been proven that these solid particles tend to clog up the oil filter and prevent a free flow of the oil which is necessary to cool your engine.
X-REV uses only Superior Additives that clean and protect the engine in harsh heat and high humidity conditions in city and expressway driving, preserving the engine’s factory condition. X-REV’s Premium Additive Component Package include:
- Detergents and Dispersants that are designed to hold onto foreign particles and chemicals in your engine, and sometimes break them into smaller pieces. These foreign chemicals may be combustion by products, or particles that slipped past your air filter. If the particles are large enough, then they will eventually be eliminated by the oil filter and taken out of circulation.
- Buffers to neutralize any acids which form in your engine. Acids are especially damaging for your bearings and other moving parts.
- Solvents to break up deposits of tar, paraffin, wax, asphalt, ash, and aromatics.
- Corrosion Inhibitors to keep your oil from oxidizing or otherwise breaking down due to time or contamination.
- Viscosity Index Improvers to make your oil stay thin at low temperatures and thick at high temperatures, providing maximum protection under any condition.
- Emergency Lubricants. These chemicals are present in case your oil film completely breaks down, due to abnormal temperatures or pressures.
X-REV is the only engine lubricant that combines all of the above additives in a proprietary blend that provides superior levels of protection for your engine, especially in harsh tropical conditions.
Premium Performance Fully Synthetic Base Oil
X-REV uses Polyol Ester as a base oil, which is a Group V category synthetic oil. Group V synthetic base stocks have a natural multi-grade property, which means that large amounts of polymeric thickeners are not needed. These polymeric thickeners tend to lose a significant amount of their viscosity protection when exposed to high sheer forces in engine cylinder walls and they also suffer from thermal cracking when exposed to very high temperatures. As such, X-REV Racing Formula is highly recommended for high temperature and high pressure operating conditions in super-charged or turbo-charged engines.
Esters have been used successfully in lubrication in recent years and are the preferred stock in many severe applications where their benefits solve problems or bring value. For example, esters have been used exclusively in jet engine lubricants worldwide due to their unique combination of low temperature flowability with clean high temperature operation.
In some ways esters are very similar to the more commonly known and used synthetic hydrocarbons or PAOs. Like PAOs, esters are synthesized from relatively pure and simple starting materials to produce predetermined molecular structures designed specifically for high performance lubrication. Both types of synthetic basestocks are primarily branched hydrocarbons which are thermally and oxidatively stable, have high viscosity indices, and lack the undesirable and unstable impurities found in conventional petroleum based oils. The primary structural difference between esters and PAOs is the presence of multiple ester linkages (COOR) in esters which impart polarity to the molecules. This polarity affects the way esters behave as lubricants in the following ways:
- Volatility: The polarity of the ester molecules causes them to be attracted to one another and this intermolecular attraction requires more energy (heat) for the esters to transfer from a liquid to a gaseous state. Therefore, at a given molecular weight or viscosity, the esters will exhibit a lower vapor pressure which translates into a higher flash point and a lower rate of evaporation for the lubricant. Generally speaking, the more ester linkages in a specific ester, the higher its flash point and the lower its volatility.
- Lubricity: Polarity also causes the ester molecules to be attracted to positively charged metal surfaces. As a result, the molecules tend to line up on the metal surface creating a film which requires additional energy (load) to penetrate. The result is a stronger film which translates into higher lubricity and lower energy consumption in lubricant applications.
- Detergency/Dispersency: The polar nature of esters also makes them good solvents and dispersants. This allows the esters to solubilize or disperse oil degradation by-products which might otherwise be deposited as varnish or sludge, and translates into cleaner operation and improved additive solubility in the final lubricant.
- Biodegradability: While stable against oxidative and thermal breakdown, the ester linkage provides a vulnerable site for microbes to begin their work of biodegrading the ester molecule. This translates into very high biodegradability rates for ester lubricants and allows more environmentally friendly products to be formulated.
The term “polyol esters” is short for neopentyl polyol esters which are made by reacting monobasic fatty acids with polyhedric alcohols having a “neopentyl” structure. The unique feature of the neopentyl structure of polyol alcohols molecules is the fact that there are no hydrogens on the beta-carbon. Since this “beta-hydrogen” is the first site of thermal attack on diesters, eliminating this site substantially elevates the thermal stability of polyol esters and allows them to be used at much higher temperatures. In addition, polyol esters usually have more ester groups than the diesters and this added polarity further reduces volatility and enhances the lubricity characteristics while retaining all the other desirable properties inherent with diesters. This makes polyol esters ideally suited for the higher temperature applications where the performance of diesters and PAOs begin to fade. Polyol esters can extend the high temperature operating range of a lubricant by as much as 50 – 100 deg C due to their superior stability and low volatility. They are also renowned for their film strength and increased lubricity which is useful in reducing energy consumption in many applications. The major application for polyol esters is jet engine lubricants where they have been used exclusively for more than 30 years. In this application, the oil is expected to flow at -54 deg C, pump readily at -40 deg C, and withstand sump temperature approaching 200 deg C with drain intervals measured in years. Only polyol esters have been found to satisfy this demanding application.
However, it is recommended that you adhere to your car manufacturer’s servicing schedule for your engine in order to ensure full manufacturer’s warranty protection and continuing workshop support.
Proper maintenance practices, including frequent checking of lubricant levels to ensure that the appropriate amount of X-REV is present, are required to ensure effective performance.
X-REV meets or exceeds the requirements of all major car manufacturers and the following industry standards:
- ECI SAE 0W-30, 0W-40 & 15W-50
- ACEA A3/B3/B4/C3
- VW 501.01, 502.00, 505.00 , 507.00
- BMW LongLife-04
- Porsche A40
- MB 229.3/ 229.5
- Japanese Engines Qualified
EVO 5W-40 is also recommended for CNG and Euro V & VI diesel engines.